- Houston PetSet, BMW of West Houston collecting pet food for owners in need due to COVID-19“Houston PetSet has always focused on keeping people with their pets,” Tama Lundquist, Co-President of Houston PetSet said in a news release. “Hosting this event with BMW of West Houston allows us to collect valuable pet food donations, which we can then distribute to the owners and pets in need.”
- Houston nonprofit launches free pet boarding program to aid survivors of domestic violenceHouston nonprofit PetSet has launched Pet Protect, a free pet boarding initiative for survivors of domestic violence. The initiative aims to create an opportunity for individuals to flee dangerous environments safely without having to leave behind their pets.
- Houston PetSet program offers free animal boarding for victims of domestic violenceMatt Bryant, owner of Houston Dog Ranch, noticed that a troubling dynamic was developing in the early days of COVID-19’s countywide stay-home order: Reports of domestic violence and animal cruelty had gone through the roof.
- 227 Animals seized from Katy area home in Fort Bend CountyIn a joint effort led by the Fort Bend County Constables Office for Precinct 3’s animal cruelty investigator, 227 animals were seized from a home in the 2000 block of Saddlehorn Trail in Katy, just south of Katy Mills, Fort Bend officials said.
- Houston Astros fan favorite pitches in to help needy locals for ThanksgivingHoping to give back ahead of Thanksgiving, McCullers approached Big Brothers Big Sisters about lining up families who otherwise might not afford the single biggest expense on the traditional Thanksgiving dinner table: the turkey.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter