Bequests & Estates
Make a Big Impact With a Future Gift
Generosity comes in many forms, and it’s often the best way for you to support important causes that matter the most to you in your life. When you give to Houston PetSet you help us make a difference.
Start here by learning the different gift options available to you. We will work with you to find a charitable plan that lets you provide for your family and support Houston PetSet.
Qualified Charitable Distributions or IRA Charitable rollovers
- Submit a matching gift verification request through your company’s online portal.
- Obtain a matching gift verification form from your human resources department. Please email or mail your completed form and a copy of your donation receipt to:
Why Consider This Gift?
- Your gift will be put to use today, allowing you to see the difference your donation is making.
- Beginning in the year you turn 72, you can use your gift to satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution (RMD).
- You pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
- Since the gift doesn’t count as income, it can reduce your annual income level. This may help lower your Medicare premiums and decrease the amount of Social Security that is subject to tax.
A Simple Bequest: Leave Houston PetSet in Your Will
You can use the language below to leave Houston PetSet in your will either with a dollar amount attached to it or leaving what is left in your will to Houston PetSet after you satisfy all of your beneficiaries.
“I give, devise and bequeath all my right, title, and interest in and to (describe the specific property — real estate, personal property, securities, IRAs, other) to:
Or “I give, devise and bequeath (insert dollar amount or percent of estate) to:
Houston PetSet, a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization in Houston, Texas.
“I give, devise and bequeath my residuary estate, which is all the rest, residue, and remainder of my property, real and personal of every kind and description and wherever located (including all legacies and devises that may for any reason fail to take effect), belonging to me at the time of my death or subject to my disposal by will, to Houston PetSet, a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization in Houston, Texas.”